Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Looking for a new camera?



Things can get pretty confusing when looking for a new camera. There are  a lot of options out there.  You have to decide which system you want. Canon and Nikon rule the roost. Then you have to decide on the lenses you need.  You have to decide what length of lens you want and the quality you want.  Lots of decisions!

Well, here is what I do.  I almost always buy a camera that has been out of a year or so.  For example, I shoot with a Lumix DMC-L1.  I love my camera. It has a Leica lens that is extremely sharp and it's fun to shoot. I get a lot of complements on it also, not that it matters. My camera new would have been over $2,000. I bought it off ebay for less than $700.

So, If you are wanting a new camera, I suggest you buy a camera that is a year or so old.  A great example of a camera that will work great for just about anyone is the Leica D-LUX 1.  This camera has an awesome lens with a zoom from 35 to 420 mm lens( you won't ever need another lens). It has a 10 mega-pixel sensor, and since it is a over a year old you can pick it if for around $800! New is was above $2,000!    Plus you get to shoot with a Leica!  I do need to admit that I am a leica buff so this post might be a little bias, but still, this camera is a steal!



Anyway, look around before you decide which camera to buy and if you have questions let me know. I can give you some advice.
Thanks for visiting my site and don't forget to book mark it.  Also, If you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment