Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Photography Training: Do's and Don'ts of writing a Craigslist ad


THIS POST IS ON WHAT TO SAY AND HAT NOT TO SAY WHEN POSTING AN AD ON CRAIGSLIST. SOME PHOTOGRAPHERS WILL NOT USE CRAIGSLIST TO ADVERTISE THEIR BUSINESS AND THAT IS FINE WITH ME, BUT THIS IS FOR THE ONES WHO DO. THERE IS SOME FUNNY STUFF IN HERE SO BE PREPARED TO LAUGH A LITTLE AND SMILE A LITTLE.  I HAVE INTENTIONALLY TAKE OUT THE INFROMATION OF THE PHOTOGRAPHERS WHO ARE ON THE BAD LIST.  IF YOU KNOW THESE PHOTOGRAPHERS PLEASE TO NOT PESTER OR SAY BAD THINGS ABOUT THEM. I HOPE THEY WILL CHANGE THEIR WAYS AND BECOME BETTER AT HOW THEY REPRESENT THEIR BUSINESS. I AM NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN, BUT I DO THINK I AM BEING FAIR. TO MAKE IT EASY TO UNDERSTAND, EVERYTHING THAT I WRITE IS IN CAPITOL LETTERS.


THE BAD-

 1.

Need senior pictures? Headshots? Wedding/engagement? Maternity?

ask me!

 I am new to photography but I have an AWESOME(SHE CAPITALIZED THIS WORD) camera.

Just started my portfolio and I have examples of random shots, landscape, senior photos, and engagement photos.

VERY competitively priced, since I am new! :)

Email me or text me for details or examples of my work! I would love to be your photographer!

Thank you!

UM, SO I SHOULD HIRE  YOU TO SHOOT MY WEDDING BECUSAE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME CAMERA? DO YOU HAVE A LEICA OR A HASSELBLAD DIGITAL?  CANON OR NIKON? OH, YOU HAVE AN AWESOME CAMERA. THEN HEY, YES, I WANT TO HIRE YOU TO PHOTOGRAPHY MY WEDDING, ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DAYS OF MY LIFE. I DON'T EVEN NEED TO SEE YOUR SHOTS BECAUSE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME CAMERA. THANKS, BUT NO. HAVING AN AWESOME CAMERA DOES NOT MAKE YOU A PHOTOGRAPHER. I KNOW A LOT OF PHOTOGRAPERS THAT SHOOT WITH NOT SO GREAT CAMERAS AND GET BETTER RESULTS THAN PEOPLE THAT HAVE "AWESOME" CAMERAS. THIS IS PROBABLY THE WORST CRAIGSLIST AD I FOUND IN MY  SHORT TIME WHILE WRITING THIS POST.


2.
I am a new photographer to the area and am currently offering photography services by donation. The reason for this is because I like to offer my services to low-income families and individuals. I take my business seriously and believe in creating unique, personal products for my customers. I offer senior, family, children, maternity, engagement, and pet photography sessions.
Visit BLOCKED OUT WEBSITE for more information!

YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BUSINESS AND YOU ARE ASKING FOR DONATIONS?  I THINK YOU ARE NOT. IF THIS IS YOUR BUSINESS MODEL I WOULD SAY WELL, YOU REALLY DON'T HAVE A PLAN!  IT'S NICE THAT SOMEONE WHATS TO HELP OTHERS, I GAVE MY LUNCH TO A HOMELESS GUY THE OTHER DAY. HERE'S THE THING, I RUN MY BUSINESS SO I WON'T BE HOMELESS. AND IF I MAKE GOOD MONEY THEN I CAN CONTINUE TO GIVE TO OTHERS. I SAY MAKE MONEY SO YOU CAN HELP OTHERS, DON'T BE POOR.

3.
Book your appointment today for your family photo shoot, your senior pictures, sexy glamour shots or any pictures for any occasion. Photo studio or outdoor shots available. $100 and you provide thumb drive. You print pictures when you want, how many you want and where you want. I like Walmart prices and they have done great work in the past. I personally do all editing of pictures myself, teeth whitening, blemish and wrinkle remover. Call BLOCKED OUT PHONE # or email @ BLOCKED OUT EMAIL.

YOU ARE GIVING WALMART YOUR BUSINESS?  REALLY, NOTHING AGAINST WALMART BUT YOU CAN ORDER PHOTOS THROUGH MPIX.COM AND GET A LOT BETTER QUALITY AT ABOUT THE SAME PRICE.  I USED TO USE WALMART FOR PRINTING MY SHOTS, OH, BUT WAIT, I WAS 12 WHEN I DID THAT. HERE IS THE SKINNEY, WHEN YOU HAVE A PRO LAB PRINT YOUR IMAGES THE LOOK BETTER AND THE CUSTOMER IS HAPPIER.  YOUR PRINTS ARE A REFLECTION OF YOUR WORK. WHEN THE CUSTOMER IS SHOWING THEIR IMAGES TO THEIR FRIENDS DO YOU WANT YOUR SHOTS ON WALMART PAPER OR DONE BY A PROFESSIONAL LAB.  I WOULD CHOSE THE LATTER.(NOTE-I LIKE WALMART FOR THINGS LIKE TOILET PAPER AND CHEAP CAMPING GEAR. THEIR TOILET PAPER IS GREAT!)

4.

Hello there!

My name is BLOCKED OUT, I'm a student at BLOCKED OUT Community College, and I have been working with photography for roughly 5 years now. I am just starting my own business so I have very affordable deals :) I specialize in various areas including, but not limited to, Weddings, Engagement Shoots, Portraits, Family Pictures, Special Events, etc!

I am willing to put together an unbeatable package for you :) You name the length of time and I will take as many professional pictures as I can in your timeframe, I will edit your favorite 15-20 (up to you as well) and either print them out or put them on a disc! The shoot will be relaxed and fun and you can be completely yourselves because that's what will put the spark in your pictures! I have looked at some of the other ads around the area and most range from $300-$1500 for the same amount of effort that I will be putting in. All I will be asking is a $75 base rate if you want the disc and a $100 base rate if you would like me to have them printed for you.

The reason I'm not asking as much as others has nothing to do with less quality photos. I like to join my passion for photography and my passion for helping people into one deal :)

I promise you won't be disappointed :) You can view some of the work I've already done at:

LINK TO FACEBOOK WAS HERE
If you have trouble finding or viewing them, feel free to shoot me an email and I will send you an email back with examples :)

Thanks for your time :)

HMMM. AT THOSE PRICES YOU WON'T BE IN BUSINES VERY LONG.  HERE IS THE PROBLEM A LOT OF PHOTOGRAPHERS HAVE. WHEN YOU HAVE REALLY LOW PRICES YOU ATTRACT A CERTAIN TYPE OF CUSTOMER. I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I WOULD RATHER HAVE CLIENTS WHO HAVE MONEY.  WHEN YOU CHARGE MORE, YOU GET THOSE CUSTOMERS.  I KNOW A LOT ,AND I MEAN A LOT OF PHOTOGRAPHERS WHO DO WHAT THIS LADY IS DOING. THEY CHARGE 50 DOLLARS OR SO AND DO A SESSION. THEY GET THE CUSTOMERS THEY DESERVE AND AFTER A WHILE THEY ARE MAKE A LITTLE MONEY AND DOING A TON OF WORK.  THEN A FEW MONTHS DOWN THE ROAD THEY GET WORN OUT. THEY CAN'T AFFORD A STUDIO AND NEED TO  HAVE A FULL TIME JOB TO SUPPORT THEIRSELVES.  EVER WORSE, WHEN THEY TRY TO RAISE THEIR PRICES THEY FIND THEY LOOSE ALL OF THE CUSTOMER BASE THEY HAVE BUILT. THEIR BUSINESS FAILS AND THEY END UP DOING SOMETHING ELSE WHEN THEY COULD HAVE HAD THEIR DREAM OF BEING A FULL TIME PHOTOGRAPHER. THIS TYPE OF AD IS THE AD YOU USUALLY FIND ON CRAIGSLIST. BAD BAD BAD.

5.

TITLE WAS :best photographer ever! ok, not really, but a great deal.

thanks for looking!
WEBSITE BLOCKED OUT

I specialize in portraits. Kids, newborns, couples etc. I will come to the hospital to take pictures of your newborn & family. We can meet at a park for family pictures. I offer free engagement pictures when you book me for a wedding. Pricing starts at $50/hr for senior portraits,engagement pictures, small family portraits & other single portraits. Group & events start at $200 & include 4 hours. Additional time is $60/hr. Additional time for small groups/single sessions are $30 an hour.

Please visit my website for samples & more information. Reduced rates for groups of friends for senior portraits. Call/texT PHONE NUMBER BLOCKED OUT

-FIRST,  THE PHOTOGRAPHER HAD 3 IMAGES AND TWO WERE OF A PREGNANT WOMAN AND THE OTHER WAS A WEDDING SHOT.  SHE DOES ALL THIS OTHER STUFF TOO. IN FACT THERE IS TOO MUCH INFORMATION HERE. I HAVE TO GO BACK AND BACK AGAIN AND READ IT OVER AND OVER.  IN ADVERTISING AND MARKETING SIMPLICITY RULES.  MAKE IT EASIER TO UNDERSTAND. SECOND, THE TITLE IS TERRIBLE. I GOT ALL INTERESTED WHEN I READ "BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER" AND THEN WHEN I READ THE REST IT WAS LIKE A BIG LET DOWN. REALLY, I WANT THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER EVER. SO, I KNOW BEFORE I EVER CLICK ON THE AD THAT I AM NOT GETTING THE BEST.



THE GOOD.

JUST SO YOU KNOW, I AM REWARDING THESE PHOTOGRAPHERS FOR DOING WHAT I WOULD SAY IS A GREAT JOB AT WRITING THIER ADS.  I WILL KEEP THE LINKS AND NAMES IN THIS POST. PLEASE VISIT AND LOOK AT THESE PHOTOGRAPHERS.

1.

August Special of $300.00 off of the full day rate if you book your wedding with me before the end of the month.

Winner of Best of Inlander Readers Poll 2012
Winner 2011 and 2010 Best of Spokane KREM
Winner of Brides Choice Awards 2011, 2010 and 2009
Book your consultation today!



WITH THIS AD THERE WERE IMAGES AND ALL KINDS OF EXTRA STUFF IN THE AD THAT IMPRESSED ME AND MADE ME WANT TO CLICK ON THE LINKS.
I REALLY LIKE HOW HE TOLD YOU THE DISCOUNT AND NOT THE PRICE. I WENT TO HIS SITE JUST TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON. GOOD JOB MAN!


2.

Class of 2013, this is for you! Summer is already half over so it's time to get those portraits done before life gets hectic with your senior year!

My name is Lacey LaDuke and I am a senior portrait photographer from Spokane. I am an experienced portrait photographer looking to bring you the best value on personalized senior portraits.

Packages are $200, but for the next 2 seniors to book with me you get 25% off. Packages include:

*One to two hour session at an agreed upon location
*Unlimited outfit changes in the allotted time
*Basic professional retouching (skin smoothing, teeth whitening, blemish removal)
*Selective black and white conversions
*Disk with 15 high resolution images for your own personal use.
*Personal online gallery to share with your friends and purchase prints and products from.

Book a friend to come with you and you both receive two free sets of wallets!

These are not your boring run of the mill photos of you leaning against a tree or smiling with your arms crossed against a brick wall. I want to capture photos that actually show a bit about who you are. Book with me and we'll go out and have some fun while taking some awesome shots.

Check out my website here: Lacey LaDuke Photography

Click the photo below to go directly to my senior portrait page in my portfolio.

WOW LACEY... IMPRESSED I AM.

TO WRAP IT UP, THERE ARE NOT A LOT OF GOOD ADS ON CRAIGSLIST.  SO, IF YOU ARE GOING TO PUT AN AD UP, DO IT RIGHT AND THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE OF YOUR BUSINESS. ALSO, REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE STARTS SOMEWHERE AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO MIGHT HAVE BAD ADS, LEARN BUY YOUR MISTAKES AND CHANGE. I WAS ONE OF THOSE BAD PHOTOGRAPHERS UNTIL I REALIZED I WASN'T DOING ME OR ANYONE ANY FAVORS.  SO, I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE.

BRIAN

BUFFALOZ PHOTOGRPAHY TRAINING: FREE ONLINE PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS TUTORIALS AND TRAINING


1 comment: