Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2014

I read this quote the other day.....

I read a quote the other day...


“IF you can’t make sacrifices for your dreams, you should probably choose bigger dreams.”

A man named Beau Weiher said this last year. He was a into extreme sports and he was killed doing what he love a few days ago while base jumping in Glacier National Park. 

He makes a good point.

Last night I was at the park watching my kids play and I started a conversation with another father. After talking for a few he asked me what I do and when I told him I was a full time photographer and showed him my work he said. "It's not very often that someone actually gets to follow their dreams."
He's right. But I am going to tell you a secret and getting your dreams..
Beau had it right.  You have to give something up... At least for a while. You ask what I had to give up?  I gave up comfort. I lived on no money for a while. I didn't have much food.  I was behind on bills. I lost friends.  Was it worth it? Now I have my dream. The friends who left.. I am not living to make them happy. I am here for me. Now that I have my dream I can go out and I can help others. I am in a position to do that now.
 So is your dream worth it? What do you want to do? What is your passion? What are you willing to give up to have your dream?
\\



 photo 8520835606_0607175852_c_zps0de39499.jpg
This is me! Brian Johnson
I own Missoula Photography School and Glaston Vallhall. I travel, teach and shoot professionally. 
http://www.glastonvallhall.com/
http://www.missoulaphotoschool.com/










No comments:

Post a Comment