Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Scary Things Photographers Say!

Stop Scaring People unless you're an axe murderer! Then please give us warning!

Before I go over the next step in creating a website and how to create a sales funnel to grow your business there are a few things you have to stop doing… Or saying. 

I'm just going to say it!

People do not work in strange ways.
I'll tell you another secret. Women are not hard to understand, you just don't listen. I'll tell you another secret. Men are not complicated. Those are bad excuses for not understanding how people work. Stop being lazy and learn!  Life is only as complicated as think it is. How to understand others is the best thing you can learn in life!  Hands down the best thing ever!

It will make you  a better photographer, a better lover, a better friend an most importantly, a better human. 

The first thing you have understand is humans are motivated to do things, or not to do things, for two reasons.

 The reasons? To gain pleasure or avoid pain. 

I'll bet that when you are trying to find people to work with a lot of times you are really close to making it happen and then something changes and you lose the chance. 

It's happened to you hasn't it? 

At this point you probably think. “Dammit! What happened? Why didn’t they want to work with me? Maybe they don’t like my work? Maybe they don’t like me?” 

The honest truth: It’s probably neither but they did choose someone else and the reason is possibly that the next photographer made them feel less afraid. 

I am about to tell you one of the biggest mistakes almost every photographer makes almost every day. Are you ready? They use the wrong words! We say scary things to people! 

Truth: This is a business and one of the biggest reason photographers fail is because they think of themselves as just photographer and don’t realize you are now a business owner!
You are a business owner first but also photographer.

Scorch this into your brain!
People want to do business with people they like.

Your job as a professional is to get rid of fear for the people you work with and be likable.

One of the steps you take, because you care the people you work with, and respect them is to educate yourself.
Investing in your education make sense, doesn’t it?
 The answer is "Yes!" Got it!

Using the correct words when you talk to people is a form of respect. It’s an honorable practice and it’s good for you and them. Always be the Gentleman or the Lady. Ok? 
If you care about someone do you make them afraid? I hope not.  I have a daughter who has a heart condition and if someone jumps out and scares her it could kill her. I never really understood the power of fear until the day I sat in the doctors office and he explained what scaring someone can do to them. Always keep in  mind the power fear has.
Anyhow, here is the list you’ve been waiting for!

1. Sale, cost or price
Instead use total amount, monthly amount, or initially amount

2. Contract
Instead use Paperwork or Form

3. Buy, sell or sold
Instead use own get involved or help/ helped

4. Deal
Instead use Opportunity 

5. Sign here or Sign
Instead use Endorse, Ok it,  authorize here.


Like I said before, I am here to help you. I don’t want you to survive, I want you to thrive and do you know what the difference between surviving and thriving is?
 It’s educating yourself and sometimes you are only one step away from making it! You got this!

 photo 8520835606_0607175852_c_zps0de39499.jpg
This is me! Ikon
Ikon lives by a highway and this evening there was construction and all the noise made it so there was not sleep to be had. He decided to stay up and write the next post so lucky you! He also decided he needs to move soon. Hey, I teach classes at Salt Lake City School of Photography. Check out my website and take a class or workshop or even better, join me on a trip! I'll be adding a Iceland trip, A European trip and workshops soon!  Hey. If you want more cool information follow me on Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment